Despite PF being a fatal disease, there is still a lack of awareness, which can result in late diagnosis, losing valuable treatment time and, above all, time to enjoy life. Therefore, we join the PF Awareness Month using the slogan Breathing Life to draw attention to PF, its implications and the changes it brings about in daily life as well as the physical and psychological strain that the disease places on patients and their loved ones. In the week running from 18-25 September we focus especially on IPF. We also want to focus on the essential moments of lightness, normalcy and happiness that people with PF still experience despite the burden of the disease.
#BreathingLife campaign materials
We developed digital and printed campaign materials for this year´s awareness campaign. The materials were available in 10 different languages (Bulgarian, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish).
We developed a 'How-to-use' sheet and a fact sheet on Pulmonary Fibrosis as well as a press release.
You urged the PF community to help create awareness by
- Following and sharing our posts using the campaign hashtags #BreathingLife and #PFMonth.
- Spreading online materials and sharing your posts, thoughts and personal stories on Facebook or Twitter using the campaign hashtags.
- Cutting an easy-to-cut papercut lung and sharing a selfie on Social Media. Templates to cut were accessible here.
- Following our member organisations and sharing their posts, adding the dedicated hashtags.
- Sending the online flyer and other digital campaign materials such as “Breathing Life” posters, etc. to friends, relatives, PF stakeholders, politicians, press offices and others in your country.
- Keeping an eye on EU-IPFF’s social media accounts Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter and on this website during PF Awareness Month and IPF Awareness Week.
Well visited online YOGA classes during IPF awareness week
We offered free online yoga classes by Samantha Nier from the EU-IPFF Secretariat, which continue after the campaign!
Thank you to all who participated in the YOGA classes during IPF awareness week
IPF awareness week is over, and Saturday 25 September the last IPF week YOGA session took place!
It has been a great pleasure and we thank all of you who joined.